An introduction

Hi,

My name is Marta Tuule. Well, not really, it´s fictional name, pen name I´ve used for years, according to ID I bear no resemblance to the person I feel I am and that´s the reason for choosing this second name, a mask, an output or whatever you´d call it. It´s still 100% me and there´s no real duality cause I still care about same things, so you can trust it if you will.

I don´t like especially writing first letters, there´s always this inconvenience I get then. But life often leaves us no choice to overcome the limitations we have in our person and that´s what I´m doing right now. Thanks to a friend I have, I have decided to create this site called „Life is matter of love and death- Elu on armastuse ja surma küsimus“ here in Facebook and I picture it right now to be something like a creative communication channel for me and hopefully for people who visit it and like it. (And I feel like inventing the wheel here right now :))

But back to the introduction. I´m 39 years old, due to be 40 already next month and I´m someone you could call an author, but with the exception of mail correspondence I´ve had with people, till the age of 30 I used to write only for myself, it was an act of self-healing and a private thing to do.

By nationality I´m an Estonian, I live in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia and I´m a single parent to my son, who´s 13 and a daughter, who´s 11.

I used to be married to their father – and that was one more thing which made me to overcome my limitations, cause I didn´t believe in the institution, but since it was an important matter to him, then I gave in to that after couple of years. For many years I used to believe that I did that out of curiosity, but the truth is that I did it only because I wanted to be with him. With or without paper wasn´t really the matter for me.

It didn´t have an happy ending. We split with him several times during the years because we were very different people and had few mutual values – so for a while we tried to replace that with common interests, but it came out to be too shallow for both of us. And then he died, day after his 41st birthday because of the accident. Life like a film.

It made me to think about myself and about the fate – and once again revise my views on life. I came to conclusion that life is a matter of both love and death and that´s why I named also this site after that.

But if someone should ask me what do I believe in- then today I can say that I believe only in curiosity yet. Cause it all comes down to that for me- and what it makes us to do or not do, while both love and death are no longer subjects of belief for me any more- along with topics of humanity, environment and rest of the culture.

They´re all just titles in a book we all read and discuss coldly or passionately, depending on the character -  and a discipline what we know as psychology, teaches us these days not to be irreversible for about 50% and we suppose to suffer because of that, who we are. Or why won´t they ask about personal values instead of concentrating on personal imperfections  – cause who would indeed like to give up on being sensible, compassionate, honest and caring instead of controlling, hating and worrying? We often consider our negative traits and principles to be „inevitable“ – when in real it´s just history. We can start every day from new page and be just curious what comes to rest- not only 50% of us if you allow me here to draw the most random line what makes academic and scientific minds probably go mad either introvertedly or extrovertedly.

But back to me.

There´s been lots of death in my life- both physical and metaphorical. I used to attend so many funerals when I was a kid and an adolescent that death sort of became synonymous to life for me- but now, by approaching my personal middle age, I had forgotten about that- till the death of the father to my son and daughter. And now I found out out of the sudden that environment and society we live in is almost repulsed by my experience by death and metamorphosis – cause it is not regarded as anything positive. Instead of that it creates fear and that´s the western culture we live in right now.

Contradiction lies within and is entwined with love both what comes to it in general or to me, because I don´t fall in love easily and it´s hard for me to let go of people I love – even when they´re dead. Will I even make it? I don´t know, but at least I´m alive yet. And life has taught me to love unconditionally also these few, I have falled in love with – and it´s been the highest peak and vastest desert to cross for me as classics would express it.

In my eyes the biggest challenge for all of us is actually to find out how to be true to yourself- cause then we´re also true to  others. How it affects others, is none of our business in real. That´s the best thing by me- no one has to understand you. And why? Cause love can never be understood, it´s personal and always will be. Do yourself a favour and don´t try to explain your love to anyone – just be who you are and do, what makes you happy, cause just because there exist also psychopaths in this world, you must not be treated or taken as one just because they don´t understand you.

Love has many faces – what comes to me, I have felt filial, maternal, romantic, idealistic, passionate and also self-destructive love. These are first roles what come to my mind, in real there´s much more and not all of them are so-called "positive". It doesn´t make theme "false" though.  These days it is good to remember that there is actually difference between emotions and feelings – and they´re like twins that look alike on the outside, but on the inside they´re opposites. Emotions are in real feelings gone bad. It reminds me an ad of local book store chain which called for „Give away emotions“ (in loose translation) and it was another good example of confusion in people´s minds between these two.

So why shouldn´t there be confusions also between people, who are unexceptionally different on the outside, and on the inside – or even both?

I am right now unemployed, so I have all the time in the world to write here next to commitments I have, but should you feel like writing to me too for whatever reasons, please do, cause like I said before, I´m always interested in what people have to say.

And should you feel like supporting this site also financially, so that I could make a job out of it, please write to me too (mtuule@gmail.com or via Facebook).
I know a lot of people who are married to someone or in relationship with right now because of the risk of poverty and/or for psychological issues, so my country is no exception here and it is happening everywhere. So it´s better to deal with that here and now, where I am right now and not to postpone it any further.

This site here and also my blog is for everyone, who are looking for emotional truth, including myself :).

 
MT

Kommentaarid

Populaarsed postitused